Have you been in a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault?

Specialist Road Traffic Accident Solicitors

If you have been unfortunate enough to be involved in a road traffic accident, you may be entitled to compensation. These serious accidents can involve passenger vehicles such as cars and vans, as well as public transport vehicles, motorbikes and pedestrians. At BTMK, our road traffic accident solicitors understand how traumatic such an accident can be for victims and their families and are here to give you the advice and support you need.

If you’ve been involved in a no-fault accident within the last three years and you want one local person to deal with your claim, please contact us.

Our friendly team of expert solicitors specialise in road traffic accident compensation claims and can help you through the entire process. They will gather information from you about the accident where you sustained your injury(s) and then assess how we can help you claim on a no win no fee. If we can then take your case forward, our team will be there throughout the personal injury claim.



I Have Just Had An Accident - What Should I Do?

Firstly, you need to make sure that you have the details of the third party, including their name, contact details and the car they were driving at the time of the accident. If it is possible, try to get the details of their insurance company as well. If you cannot get their insurance details, then don’t worry, our expert solicitors who specialise in personal injury compensation claims will be able to find this out on your behalf. You will also need to let your own insurance company know that you have been involved in a car accident caused by someone else. 

Can I Claim if the Road Traffic Accident was Partly my Fault?

In most cases, this will depend on the circumstances of the accident. However, even if you feel that you were partly to blame, you should still seek advice from one of our expert solicitors as you may still be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim. If you’re found to be partly at blame for the accident that caused your injury(s), you can still claim for personal injury compensation, but your final award will be reduced to reflect this. 

How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Win?

If successful with your claim, the total amount that will be awarded to you will depend on several different factors. These will mainly be the severity of your injuries and the length of time that it took or is going to take you to recover. You should expect to be awarded compensation for all medical expenses related to the road traffic accident. You should also receive compensation for any expenses that relates to home care or structural changes to your home and vehicle. 

Is There a Time Limit for Filing a Road Traffic Accident Claim?

Claimants are required to file their road traffic accident claim within 3 years from the date that the accident occurred. You may lose your right to claim for compensation if your case is not filed within this period. The sooner you contact our team of Personal Injury Solicitors, the more time they will have to work on your claim without the worry of the 3 year time limit expiring. 

What Can I Make a Claim For?

If you have been in a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault and you have suffered as a result, you could have a case to make a claim for compensation. Whether you have suffered from a major life-changing injury or a minor one, you could make a personal injury claim on a no win no fee basis. Road traffic accident claims can include for injuries such as broken bones or fractures, head and brain injuries, whiplash and other neck injuries, organ damage and back and spinal injuries. 

What If Those At Fault Didn't Have Car Insurance?

If you have a road traffic accident with someone who didn’t have car insurance then don’t worry, your right to claim for compensation will still be protected. If this is the case, then our solicitors who specialise in personal injury claims will submit your case to the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB). 

Will a Road Traffic Accident Affect My No Claims Bonus?

If you suffer an injury(s) as a result of a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault then you’re no claims bonus will remain unaffected. If you claim for car damage through your insurance provider, you might have to pay your insurance policy excess. However, our solicitors can claim this back for you as part of your road traffic accident claim. 

Can I Make a Claim If I Was Injured as a Taxi Passenger?

If you have been injured in an accident where you were taxi passenger at the time, then you might be eligible to make a claim if it wasn’t your fault. In the UK, it is the law for all taxi drivers to have car and public liability insurance in place for such an incident. However, these types of accident claims can get complex which is why it’s important to speak to a team of highly experienced personal injury solicitors. 

What our clients say

To Johanne,

Before I came to you I was told I had no claim for medical negligence, so please accept these flowers as a token of my appreciation fro you bringing this matter to a successful conclusion.

I would not hesitate to use your firm again, or recommend you to anyone who asks me fora favourable solicitor.

Thank you.

- –

Very pleased with all of Johanne’s assistance. Worth the 75 mile round trip!

- Mr B, West Kingsdown

Thank you Ruth for your hard work and understanding.

- Mrs D Thomas, Benfleet

Johanne Turner – So helpful and understanding throughout. Good communication and & just excellent overall.

- Ms G Woods, Warrington

Johanne Turner was a very nice lady.

- Mrs H, Basildon

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Ruth Hemmingway.

- Mr B, Southend-on-Sea

Johanne Turner

Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence | BTMK Solicitors

Ruth Hemingway

Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence | BTMK Solicitors

Nadine Adeyemi

Paralegal | BTMK Solicitors

Amelia Ward

Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence | BTMK Solicitors

Call for a free chat

Give us a call today for a FREE initial chat with one of our legal experts.

Get in touch