Keeping Children Out of Court

Recently Cafcass, an unbiased organisation that looks after the interests of child that’s involved with social services, and the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC) held a conference with over a hundred professionals from family justice and health and social care backgrounds.  They discussed how to ‘best practice’ in co-parenting and how it can be used to support children in the modern age.

Cafcass commented “Now, more than ever, as traditional civic institutions are collapsing, there is an increasing reliance on the institution of the family. The state needs to re-examine its relationship with families in all shapes and forms, so that it’s fit for purpose in the uncertain times we live in”.

Given the pressure on the Family Court at this current time there are more cases being heard before the Court than there is resource for, Cafcass suggested agencies need to place a greater emphasis on co-parenting and find ways to support parents, therefore prioritising the interests of the child.  This is despite the stress they may suffer during and after the relationship has broken down. Cafcass suggested that a third of separating families use the court to resolve issues concerning children and believe that co-parenting could be the answer.

It is also suggested that a public health approach to the problem would help prevent cases reaching crisis point, meaning health and social care professionals work together to provide help at earlier stages, rather than ‘too little for too long’, and then ‘too much too late.’

If you are involved in Court proceedings you may hear the term co-parenting.  If you do find yourself in court proceedings relating to your child and wish for assistance please contact Charlotte Fedarb on 01702 238532.

You can contact our experienced team 24/7 on 03300 585 222. Call now for a FREE initial chat!

With offices in Southend, Leigh-on-Sea, Rayleigh and London, we’re local to you.

Call for a free chat

Give us a call today for a FREE initial chat with one of our legal experts.

Get in touch