BTMK Solicitors Ltd are looking to recruit a conveyancing secretary in our commercial/residential department. The role is based in our Rayleigh office and is a full-time position. Experience in residential conveyancing is preferred.
Salary will be discussed during the interview process.
Please find below a description of some general duties, the list is not exhaustive but is meant to describe the regular work you will be required to conduct.
- Full secretarial support to fee-earning staff
- Duties to include; audio typing from digital dictation both documents and correspondence
- Downloading and printing of dictation via Dictanet
- Opening new matters and preparing the relevant correspondence
- Full support to the fee earner for post completion work
- Diary maintenance
- Managing, organising, and updating relevant data using database applications
- Answering the telephone
- General administrative tasks including filing, photocopying, scanning and sending faxes
- Attendance at such training as may be approved by the firm as will be necessary to fulfil the requirements of the position
- Adherence to office policies and procedures as set out in the office manual
- Covering reception, franking and taking the post when needed
- Coordinating work for work experience pupils
- Amending and updating documents using track changes
- OCR documents to change PDF documents to word, reformatting the same and proof reading
- Dealing with general office queries ranging from reception queries with clients attending the office
- Dealing with accounts queries
- Work independently of case/dictanet
- Witnessing of various documents
- Copying and certifying documents
- Conducting Conflict checks
- AML checks
- Ad hoc duties
If you feel this role would be suitable for you please email, attaching your CV and covering letter, to Lisa.smith@BTMK.co.uk. Closing dates for this application is Wednesday 22nd December.