BTMK Solicitors are looking to recruit a Finance Manager. Experience in a legal account setting and a working knowledge of the SRA accounts rules are essential.
The role is based in our Madison House and Radio House offices and is a full time position. Working hours will be 9 – 5.15 Monday to Friday. Salary will be discussed during the interview process.
Please find below a description of some general duties, the list is not exhaustive but is meant to describe the regular work you will be required to conduct.
- Preparation of the monthly management reports for the board, including variance analysis
- Cashflow planning and monitoring
- Month end procedures on case management and accounts systems
- Assisting with preparation and analysis of the annual budgeting process
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual accounts and dealing with the auditors on the annual solicitors’ audit
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Weekly legal aid postings
- Weekly Client to Office transfer
- Assisting with the annual PII and other insurance renewals
- Overseeing the annual SRA practicing certificate renewal
- Monthly review and approval of supplier payments to be made
- Review and approval of write offs (with assistance from FD for larger matters)
- First point of contact for queries from accounts department and wider business
- Inputting and approving payments where necessary on the banking system
- Bank Reconciliations
- Bulk disbursement postings across both BTMK systems
- Managing the accounts team and their workload on a day to day basis
- Assisting Legal Cashiers with day-to-day transactions during busy times, or for sickness/ holiday cover
- Ensure adherence to Solicitors Accounts rules at all times
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Any other ad hoc duties
Adherence to office policies and procedures as set out in the office manual
Closing date for applicants will be Friday 14th July , please apply
to Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org with a relevant CV and covering letter.